What is COVID19?
So also these posts regarding the virus:
It’s not the flu:
- Flu does not attack the lungs in normal people
- Flu is prevalent in colder climates; COVID19 doesn’t care about the weather
Longer incubation period (up to 24 days):
- COVID19 up to 24 days and 1-2 weeks on average
- Flu less than a week
More infectious (R0 > 6):
- R0 is how many a single person may infect
- COVID19 R0 is above 6 especially with the latest mutations
- COVID19 UK cases doubles every 2.6-2.7 days as of 9/3
- Flu R0 is around 1.2
- Spanish flu was estimated to be 1.4 to 2.8
- A minor update on 8/11-2020: flu has almost been eradicated whilst a 2nd COVID19 wave is happening – proving COVID19 is much more infectious than the flu
- COVID19 on hard surfaces up to 9 days
- Flu a couple of hours
- COVID19 as WHO says 3.4% and in Italy 4-5%
- COVID19 once hospitals are overrun mortality will increase
- Flu is 0.1%
- Looks like 10% of hospitalised cases (current total cases) dies
Long Term Effects
- Flu: none
- COVID19: in many cases damage to multiple organs especially lungs
- COVID19 in Italy 8% of confirmed cases are critical as of 10/3
- Flu < 0.001%
How to Avoid
- Wash hands (min 20 seconds)
- Use good hand sanitisers (60-70% alcohol minimum)
- Wear masks (yes that is correct and if not just to protect others against you)
- Wear goggles (you can get this through your eyes and just look how health professionals are dressed)
- Keep distance (>3 meters)
These items are only answered in rumours so only showing the questions:
- Can you get infected twice?
- How many needs to be immune (have had the virus) before it stops?
- If the health system is overrun what will the mortality then be?
- How early should draconian stay-put measure be put in place to prevent uncontrolled spread?
- Most of the data is from: https://www.peakprosperity.com/
- Good graphs: https://covid19info.live/
- Good numbers (includes critical): https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
- Bad situation in Italy as-of 7/3: https://www.corriere.it/cronache/20_marzo_07/coronavirus-stiamo-creando-terapie-intensive-anche-corridoi-cb01190a-60be-11ea-8d61-438e0a276fc4.shtml