This chapter will look into the various EU quangos either fully or semi controlled by the EU.
There are quite a few, so watch this space.
Official Name: GSA
Budget: 30mill 20177 however financial resources are 2290 mill
This is a EU funded GPS system initially designed for civil purposes but it was later agreed5 to include military purposes.
GPS is crucial for monitoring and assisting troop movements; and for autonomous and automated guided weapons systems.
There are several issues with the functioning of Galileo and the US and NATO supported system2+3 both technical and political.
The civil part of the system is utilised in cooperation with Canada6 and China4.
Questions to be asked:
- Does the inclusion of the military use indicate EU want it’s own army independent of NATO?
- If China and Canada are partners and Canada and Switzerland are on the council; why are the UK then being excluded due to Brexit?
- Why does the UK need access to Galileo when the UK can use the US based GPS as part of NATO?
Good Articles (subscripted)
- None yet
- Galileo – GSA
- 5/8-2018: Created document
- 7/8-2018: Minor changes to references document